Monday, April 16, 2012

NEW Meijer Coupon POLICY - IMPORTANT!!!!!





There is a MAJOR coupon policy change for Meijer as of April 15th. Here is their revised policy.  Please read it AND print a copy as I am sure their own employees still don't know all the terms. 


It can be confusing reading store policies and they can be read different ways. Some of their terms are not clear or they can contradict each other. Danielle Yablonsky was kind enough to call one of out local Meijer stores in Fort Wayne today and talked to a manager to clarify the changes. Here is what she was told:


1. mperks are NO LONGER considered meijer coupons, they are stand alone (kinda like kroger e coupons it will take the mperks off and NOT let you use the paper coupon so if you want to use the paper coupon remove the mperk first before going to the store)


2. they still double up to $0.50 


3. you can NOT break up into 2 transactions to double your savings - you will have to do one trans and leave the store (put items in your vehicle) and come back to do a second transaction OR you could have a spouse or significant other, etc. do a second transaction using another Mperks #


4. they will accept competitors catalina coupons 


5.they will now accept competitors coupons (example a walgreens coupon, but NOT AD MATCHES!!!) but it will be treated like a "meijer coupon" so u can only use 1 manufacturer coupon with it and NO other meijer coupons (mperks or meal box)




Here are MY 2 cents...


1) NO where does it state you can't use a "mealbox" coupon and manufacturer coupon so let's try and see if it works :-)


2) I LIKE the idea of being able to use competitor coupons now..that helps


3) Don't like the limit on the transactions. I shop alone and my husband would NOT like to come and do a transaction. 


4) I like that they are accepting catalinas "note they do have to say manufacturer coupon on them though" 


Overall I think this just complicates things even more for us couponers who are trying to save money. I think this was a bad business move on Meijer's part. I see them losing a lot of business over these changes. I have a feeling there are already TONS of people writing headquarters. I am curious to see if anything will change if enough people say something to them. 

Please feel free to leave your comments and questions on this blog as we all try to sort through this NEW change. 

Oh...and don't shoot me...I am just the messenger LOL

Kouponing Kristyn :-)

1 comment:

  1. Not to be dense (I'm still a couponing beginner and I suck at it), but does this mean that mPerks are now treated as manufacturer coupons?

    ReplyDelete